Hacker group known as the "The Dark Overlord" has released the Netflix TV series, Orange Is the new black Season 5 after the entertainment company refuses to pay a ransom of $67,000 to the hackers.
The hackers released 10 episodes of the TV series by posting links of the series to Pastebin on Twitter and gitbub, and also uploaded the series to the popular torrent website, Pirate bay. The hackers uploaded the episode 1-10, but was not able to lay hands on the three remaining episodes of 11-13.
The hackers via their pastebin link wrote a statement on how Netflix failed to pay their ransom fee. In an interview with databreaches.net, TDO said they had "hundreds of GBs of unreleased and non-public media," on servers of a Hollywood studio, Larson Studios, Inc., an audio post-production company, who also confirmed the hackers attempt at extortion.
The hackers also claim to have other TV series and released screenshot as proof of their claims. Some of the TV series and movies that the hackers are threatening to release are;
- A Midsummers Nightmare – TV Movie
- Above Suspicion – Film
- Bill Nye Saves The World – TV Series
- Breakthrough – TV Series
- Brockmire – TV Series
- Bunkd – TV Series
- Celebrity Apprentice (The Apprentice) – TV Series
- Food Fact or Fiction – TV Series
- Handsome – Film
- Hopefuls – TV Series
- Hum – Short
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia – TV Series
- Jason Alexander Project – TV Series
- Liza Koshy Special – YoutubeRed
- Lucha Underground – TV Series
- Lucky Roll – TV Series
- Making History ) – TV Series
- Man Seeking Woman – TV Series
- Max and Shred – TV Series
- Mega Park – TV Series
- NCIS Los Angeles – TV Series
- New Girl – TV Series
- Orange Is The New Black – TV Series
The Dark Overload group was well known after it hacked healthcare organizations in late 2015, and stole their data, and threaten victims of releasing their sensitive health information to the public if they fail to pay ransom.
They have since gone underground until now.