Actor And Comedian, Bill Cosby To Stand Trial For Sex Assault Case

Bill Cosby, 78, has been ordered to stand trial on sexual assault charges against him. The actor and comedian was ordered by a US judge after a case was re-opened last year of drugging and molesting Andrea Constand.

A former Temple University employee, Andrea Constand, accused Bill Cosby of drugging and molesting her in his home near Philadelphia in 2004. After the accusation, 40 other women supported her claims. Though a trial date is yet to be set.


                                                            Bill Cosby (L) and Andrea Constand (R)

Bill Cosby maintained that all the encounters he had with the women were consensual.

In a statement from Andrea Constand who now stays in Toronto, Canada, she said she had a panic "I told him, 'I can't talk, Mr Cosby', and described how the once "American dad" sexually molested her after giving her three blue pills. Andrea said the drugs make her dizzy and makes her leg, "like jelly".

In response to the allegation, Bill Cosby said that the lady never asked him to stop during the encounter.

The judge has also ruled that she doesn't have to testify during the trial, and if convicted Bill Cosby might sentenced to 10 year sentence in jail.

Of all the cases of the 40 women that came forward on Bill Cosby sexual assualt, only Andrea's case falls within the statute of limitations for charges.

Andrea said she had seen Bill as a mentor and a friend, and when he was in his house and offered her a glass of wine, she declined because she had not eaten that day, he insisted she drinks anyway, so she took the drink with the pill.

Within 30mins of the drink, she said she had blurred vision, and trouble speaking, but Cosby told her to relax on the couch and relax. 

While she was lying on the couch, she was aware of Mr Cosby touching her breasts and genitals, and making her touch his genitals too. She said she did not consent to the act, as she seem "frozen" and "paralysed"

Bill Cosby and Andrea Constand settled out of court in 2006 for an undisclosed amount, but it was re-opened again last summer.