Police in London are responding to an incident on London bridge after reports that a van hit pedestrians on London bridge. The witnesses at the scene said they had seen a white van mount over the pedestrian bridge and drive into people.
The transport for London said the bridge is now closed from both said due to the "major police incident".
According to a BBC reporter, Holly Jones, who was at the bridge at the time of the incident said that the man was "probably travelling at about 50 miles an hour".
About 15-20 people have been injured after the van hit them. Ms Jones then said that she saw a man with no shirt on, handcuffed and taken away by the police.
Masked gunmen once again struck on bus carrying Coptic Christians south of the Egyptian capital on Friday, killing 26 people including children, and wounding 26 others.
The bus travelling to the St. Samuel Monastery in Minya province was attacked 220 kilometres south of the Egyptian capital, when the gunmen that wore military uniforms and masks opened fire on the bus going from Bani Suief to visit the monastery.
The attack is yet to be claimed by the ISIS affiliate in Egypt, but security officials believe it goes along the same way of other ISIS attacks in the past.
Security forces have started hunting for the attackers, and the President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has called a meeting with the top-aides to discuss the attack on the people killed.
Last month, a bombing at the country's main Coptic cathedral left 25 people dead. 100 people were also killed when a twin bomb went off as the Coptic Christians celebrates Palm Sunday. ISIS claimed they were responsible for both attacks.
Copts are the Middle East's largest Christian community, and have complained of discriminations, and terrorist attacks in the hands of the Muslim populated country.
Pope Francis visited Egypt late last month to show support for the Christians attacked by the terrorists, but after the pope left the country, ISIS vowed of increase attacks on the Christians and also Western embassies, and have warned Muslims not to go near those places
Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte declares martial law in the entire Island of Mindanao after the Maute terrorist group clashed with the government troops in Marawi City.
In a briefing in Moscow, the presidential spokesperson, Ernesto Abella made the announcement on the order of President Duterte. Abella said the martial law will be in the city for 60 days and this is possible under the country's own constitution.
The new martial law will take hold in Mindanao including Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-tawi. The new resistance by the Maute group has affected the President's travel plan as he looks into postponing his meeting with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, and travel back to Manila, Philippines.
President Putin will also meet with Duterte on Tuesday instead of their plans to meet Thursday.
The recent clash in the Island of Mindanao has seen 2 soldiers and one police officer killed, and 12 others wounded.
Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana also said that the group occupies a street and two bridges, and had asked for reinforcement from other units to join them in the fight, as they tend to prove to ISIS in Syria they are a group to reckon with.
The whole of Marawi City is blacked out. There is no light and there are Maute snipers all around so the troops are still on holding and several groups of element already joined them from other neighboring units.
Lorenzana also said that more troops will arrive in the city on Wednesday.
Like every trademark of terrorist organizations, they had destroyed St. Mary’s Church,the Ninoy Aquino School, the city jail,and Dansalan College.
The Government has urged people in Mindanao to stay indoors or flew from the Island whenever it is safe.
A White male former New-Nazi that got converted to Islam, Devon Arthurs, 18, has been charged with the killing of his two friends, Jeremy Himmelman, 22, and Andrew Oneschuk, 18, who he claimed were "disrespecting" his new faith.
Armed with a semi-automatic pistol, Authurs also held three people to hostage near the Green Planet Smoke Shop on Friday evening near the aprtment he shared with his two other friends.He told hostages he is "upset due to America bombing his Muslim countries" and shouted "Allah Mohammed!" while he was walked to a police patrol car, after a negotiation, where he surrendered himself to the police.
According to police documents, Arthur said;
I had to do it,This wouldn't have had to happen if your country didn't bomb my country.
When police to Arthur to the Tampa Palms apartment, they found the body of Himmelman and Oneschuk, both had been shot in the head and upper body. Also, outside the aprtment is Russell, who serves in the Army National Guard crying, and dressed"full US Army camouflage".
The four men all lived together and shared their Neo-Nazi beliefs until Arthur converted to Islam.
Arthur now faces two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated assault and three counts of armed kidnapping.
The FBI found the photo of the perpetrator of the Oklahoma City bomber, Timothy McVeigh in the bathroom of Russells
22 People have been confirmed killed at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena, including an eight-year old child, after a Libyan refugee, Salman Abedi blows up the music concert venue. The explosion also had more than 60 people injured.
Salman Abedi, 22, had fled Libya during Gaddadi regime, and had travelled to the UK with his other 3 siblings and parents. He is also well known to police and intelligence agencies. He was known to have studied Business at Salford University, but seems to have problems with learning and had dropped out without completing his degree.
UK prime minister, Theresa May increased the threat level of Britain from severe to critical, and had said they military could be deployed to help police officers at public events.
Police on Tuesday blows up the door to a building on Elsmore Road, Fallowfield, where Salman stays, and told neighbours to remain indoors as they carry out the raid in this building.
A 23-old man in Manchester has also been arrested in connection to the bombing. The recent bomb blast was the worst attack on British soil since July 7 bombings in London in 2005, where 52 British citizens were killed.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack which involved a home-made device packed with nuts and bolts, and was detonated as people were leaving the venue of the event.
Mrs May also flew to Manchester to speak with the police and medics helping with the injured.
The eight year old that lost her life in the attack was Saffie Rose Roussos, a student at Tarleton Community Primary School and was described by the Chris Upton of the school as "a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word"
Three people have been reported dead after a lorry rams into a store in Drottninggatan (Queen Street), the city major pedestrian street. The lorry was hijacked on Friday from its owner, and was used to smash into people at the Ahlens department store just before 15:00 local time.
Local media have reported that a suspect has been arrested, but police officials are yet to confirm the story.
The owner of the truck, Swedish brewery Spendrups said the lorry was hijacked from the driver while on delivery to a restaurant. According to the spokesperson of Brewery Spendrups;
Someone jumped into the driver's cabin and drove off with the vehicle while the driver was unloading
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said that everything pointed to an act of terror.
The same tactics of car crashing into civilians was recently used in London on March 22nd, killing 6 people, and injuring 50 others in Westminster bridge. The attacker then went into the parliament complex on foot and stabbed the police officer, before he was shot by officers around the scene.
France interior minister,Bernard Cazeneuve, has ordered the closure of another four mosques that allegedly preach a radical ideology, a move by the minister after banning foreign donation to Mosques in France, and shutting down another 20 mosques in August.
A state of emergency in France allow for France to shut down any place of worship where the preaching risks provoking hate, violence or acts of terrorism.
The minister ordered that the mosques in the Paris region be closed on Wednesday. Though the names of the mosques were not mentioned, but a statement released by the ministry reads;
Under cover of religion, these places held meetings that in reality were aimed at promoting a radical ideology.
There has been close monitoring of place of worship that incites violence since the Paris attack, and non-citizens and imams of these places have also been expelled.
The French government continues its crackdown on terrorism in the country just days after it announced it will block foreign funding for mosques in the country, the country has also decided to shut down twenty mosques considered of radical Islamic teaching in the country.
According to the interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, who talked to the press after a meeting with leaders of the French Council of the Muslim Religion, Bernard said;
There is no place…in France for those who call for and incite hatred in prayer halls or in mosques, and who don’t respect certain republican principles, notably equality between men and women.
That is why I took the decision a few months ago to close mosques through the state of emergency, legal measures or administrative measures. About 20 mosques have been closed, and there will be others.
There are around 2,500 mosques in France, and about 120 of those mosques are considered to be preaching radical Salafism, a strict Sunni interpretation of Islam. Bernard said that since 2012, 80 people have been deported from France, and more deportation would happen soon.
The crackdown on mosques in France is as a result of repeated Jihadist attack in different part of France in the past year, with many attributing the failure to security failure.